Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Major Crimes, The Closer spinoff

I don't know what took me so long to find out that TNT did order a spinoff of The Closer, with Mary McDonnell reprising her role as Capt Raydor, called Major Crimes, next year after the series finale of The Closer.

Frankly, I'm not sure if anyone would actually watch it as Mary McDonnell's character is seen as a villain of sorts on The Closer. Out of all the characters on the show to create a spinoff for, she's on the bottom of my list. I don't think I can see her in this, either.

So if Major Crimes is also set in the LAPD, how is it going to be any different from The Closer again, exactly? Wouldn't it be basically the same show minus Brenda Leigh Johnson? Are the other guys in the Major Crimes division staying? 
I might give Major Crimes a go if Flovenza was still in. It is still a-ways to go.

Related articles

No comments:

Post a Comment