Sunday, September 9, 2012

ANTM: College Edition

Is anyone watching this college cycle of ANTM? I'm watching just to see how it'll turn out. 

Having this one be the college cycle reminds me of when they were searching models for the Victoria's Secret  Pink sub-brand comes to mind... you know, the one targeted at college-going women? It's too soon to tell how things will go this cycle, but having the public opinion count in the judging (through proxy Bryanboy) is certainly ONE way to revive this old hag of a show. Having young British male supermodel Rob Evans (conveniently also around the contestants' age) on the judging panel is another.

There's TWO things I personally look forward to:  watching the girls react to the makeover and the nude photoshoot - someone always says no and/or cries about it. Even the makeover part of the season is pretty low-key: now the contestants get to choose whether they want the makeover or not, but before they find out what it is. So shrewd, these producers. Also, so anticlimactic. Besides one breakdown, everyone else was happy with their makeovers. You would think that these girls would KNOW by now about the makeover stage of the season. Sigh.

I know I'm behind the times when it comes to YouTube celebs, but I didn't know the hairy fat guy is one of them. 

I'm such a sucker for trainwreck-y shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment