Sunday, September 30, 2012

CBS's Elementary - Liked it enough


I think I remembered being open to the idea of the American version of Sherlock Holmes.... sort of. Well okay, I had my concerns. Checked out the pilot and I don't hate it. While probably not as visually stimulating as Sherlock, but you have to bear in mind that it takes over a year for Cumberbatch and co to shoot three 90-minute episodes, and with both Cumberbatch and Freeman in the Hobbit movie trilogy and doing other projects, who the heck knows when the next series will happen.

One of my main concerns was that this Holmes would be American. So I was glad that Jonny Lee Miller finally gets to speak in his own English accent (or some version of it) after Eli Stone and that other show he was in that I can't remember now. Can't wait to see who his father is, and to see how long this goes. Aidan Quinn playing another cop so soon after failed American Prime Suspect was a bit of a *facepalm* moment.

I'll keep watching. Will you?



No comments:

Post a Comment