Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Thoughts while watching the Emmys...


  • Opening sketch with Jimmy Kimmel getting hit by the female nominees in the bathroom to undo the botox "damage" was a bit funny. Even with Ellen offering him her pants to wear. Not sure why Lena Dunham was eating cake in the nude in the same bit, but whatevs.
  • Barely heard the first few minutes of Kimmel's monologue. I don't know if it's them or the video I'm watching it from.
  • Isn't there usually some guy who helps the ladies up the stairs, or am I confusing it with some other awards show...?
  • I was hoping Louis CK win more Emmys than he did. That's just me.
  • Most of the guys in Modern Family against one of the New Girl guys? WTF.
  • The acceptance speech switch between Poehler and Louis Dreyfus? No wonder she got played off :P
  • Not surprised The Amazing Race won.
  • I laughed when Gervais went, "Not again.." when The Daily Show won for the kazillionth time at this point. Laughed even harder when Stewart so red-faced after being wrestled on the aisles by Fallon and Colbert.
  • It's so sad that the 10 episode long show, Missing is considered a "miniseries, movie or dramatic special" in the Emmys. But at least it got nominated.
  • I appreciated the little bits of injected humour into the proceedings.
  • Give Ellen props for actually coming out sans pants. 
  • I give Costner props for always getting away with the exposed chest look :P

No comments:

Post a Comment