Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Thoughts while watching Late Night with Seth Meyers

I had been curious excited about Seth Meyers taking over Late Night since it was announced. Well okay, maybe it might have something to do with how he's easier on the eye (for me) than Fallon. Damn those dimples.

Tried not to watch too many sneak peak videos beforehand, but yes, I did know that Fred Armisen would be his in-house band leader. Talk about SNL nepotism. 

  • The Thank You Notes cold open was an appropriate reference (and deference) to Fallon and his Late Night reign.  
  • I could get used to the logo and title sequence.
  • Was it just me, or was he a little shouty during the erm, monologue? Weekend Update shouty. The jokes were still funny, don't get me wrong. Love the anecdote about his wife. 
  • Well, someone made do without curtains. Rice paper sliding doors, really? At least it's a change from velvet curtains or faux city view... just saying. 
  • Is it just me, or is his desk and guest chairs are a bit erm, small? Maybe I'm used to seeing plusher chairs on the other shows. After years of not seeing his feet on SNL, you can now see them with the new desk, haha. 
  • The humour bits (Venn diagram and Costas Vision) was a little meh
  • Them getting the vice president was not a bad.. 
  • Didn't know the desk figurine was that of Stefon.. (Really?!)
Sucker that I am for dimples, will keep watching. Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment