Monday, September 22, 2014

Project Runway news!

Is it just me, or has Project Runway gone down the toilet a little? I mean, really. The challenges are still not too ridiculous - I'm still okay with the avant garde and the unconventional (material) challenges, but perhaps it's happening more than once a season for the last few seasons?

Even the prize package now seems a tad lacklustre to me, the non-American viewer. Let me start with the sponsors - RED ROBIN? Really?! One of the prizes is to design a new uniform for Red Robin servers? Oy vey. Oh well - at least it's not TGI Fridays? When you've learned to tune out the prizes portion of the show, you don't miss a thing like that.

Even the accessories wall in the workroom seems to be going further up the high street - the ALDO accessories wall? Seriously? Who's gonna get the wall next? H&M?

I suppose if you make it far enough, you might be invited back to compete on All-Stars, which has the (really) better prize package for the winner.

Another piece of news is that they've announced a new spinoff called Project Runway: Threads with the under-18 age group of designers. The only face I recognised was Christian Siriano, which I guess was the point... and because he still looks pretty young :P

And who's glad that another season of All Stars is upon us? Whee! It's happening a week after the premiere of Threads, which will make for a double dose for about 8 episodes because that's how long Threads is running for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment