Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Adios, Good Eats

I don't know how it took me so long to find out that my favourite long-running Food Network show, Good Eats, has come to an end 249 episodes and (about) 12 years later. Never mind that I only discovered the show myself only five years ago, but I believe I caught up since then. 

This does explain why they can confidently only put out 3 Good Eats books (Early Years, Middle Years and Later Years), the last instalment due out in a few months. 

But to be fair to Alton Brown - he has been doing the show for over 10 years and with him so busy with other stuff like Iron Chef America and what not, he might need to move on. Besides, Good Eats reruns will be on the Food Network forever. 

Goodbye, Good Eats - it's been great knowing ya. 

*off to buy the books now*

No comments:

Post a Comment