Thursday, February 2, 2012

Napoleon Dynamite's back... in cartoon form

Napoleon Dynamite (TV series)
Image via Wikipedia
Does anyone still have a "Vote for Pedro" tee shirt anymore, or have they been turned to dish rags by now?

That's what I was thinking watching the first few episodes of Napoleon Dynamite, the animated series on FOX. Like FOX needs another animated series in its roster. 

It's been compared to King of the Hill, which I can't vouch for because I will admit that I have never seen it nor am I likely to now. 

I only saw the movie on TV about a year or two after it's been out in cinemas and have not sat through it since, so I'm not one to remember the movie's nuances. Everyone is back (in voice, thankfully), and then some new characters for the show. Which is just as well because I am not the only one who wants to see Jon Heder in his Napoleon getup so long after the fact. Or even the guy that played Pedro be Pedro again in person.

For all the grief I'm giving this show, it has its funny moments, like how Napoleon finally gets to meet his dream animal the liger and crushed when he sees the very domesticated and docile ligers in a compound.

I'm not sure how long the show will run for (probably not very), but I'll be along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment