Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Thoughts about the Oscars

  • Saw a bit of both E!'s and also ABC's coverage of the red carpet. Definitely waited for Seacrest's "ashing" by Sacha Baron Cohen. How hard can it be to remove ash from a tux we never found out because Seacrest definitely changed into another tux during a commercial break. 
  • Billy Crystal was okay for a last minute replacement. Now I have to find his musical number online because I missed the second half.
  • Cracked up when the winners of the category Angelina Jolie presented also stuck their right legs out like she did while she was presenting moments before. I hope it doesn't become a weird meme... or a Tumblr blog. (Too late - found a Twitter account)
  • While it's sad that Deathly Hallows Part 2 did not win anything on its last legs, but as long as the Twilight movies aren't nominated AT ALL, I can live with that. 
  • At the risk of sounding crass, but I wish I did not have to hear covers of What a Wonderful World or Somewhere Over the Rainbow particularly during the In Memoriam montage at award shows.
  • Nothing against the winners, especially The Artist, Ms Meryl Streep and Christopher Plummer
  • I only got Best Makeup right when I said The Iron Lady would take it. 
  • Wasn't surprised The Artist won Best Picture - I've been hearing buzz about it for months now. Is it weird that I want to see it now for the dog?

No comments:

Post a Comment