- The yard sale segment was funny, especially when it keeps cutting to Stephen "stealing" the guy's personal information because he didn't bring cash to a yard sale. It was too bad that I couldn't get in on the yard sale action, I probably would've gone nuts. But I don't know about signing that release waiver so that they could "use my likeness"...
- I'm a little envious of whoever got his huge "C" desk..
- James Corden is doing the rounds on the other shows before his Late Late Show debut in March. Him getting scared shitless about the exhaustion and the singing afterwards was entertaining.
- I don't know why they waited until his last weeks of The Report to finally have Jon Stewart on.. besides the fact that he was promoting his movie, Rosewater. Even the president has probably been on more times than him.
- The sight of Vince Gilligan, chained up in a basement-type room to his computer in the musical finale was funny.
- The actual ending (him with Santa, Lincoln and Alex Trebek) was adorable.
- Many props to the person who took the time to write down who's who in the grand song finale in this Vulture piece.
- I have no idea what's behind the "Apologies to Doris Kearns Goodwin" bit you see in the end credits. Does anyone?
Friday, December 26, 2014
I've been putting off watching the Colbert Report final week mostly because I am a little sad to see it go, but also because I had things to do, and other shows to watch.
Tuesday, December 23, 2014
I don't care what anyone says - I enjoyed the middle years of his tenure (the puppets, the crappy studio, etc) and if you've been watching it long enough, you can tell that he's really been phoning it in the last few years. I can't be the only one who found the later years a little meh.
- It was bittersweet when they finally brought on Josh Robert Thompson in the cold open of the penultimate show for his moment of recognition outside of Geoff Petersen and all those other voices, and how much they kept flashing back to his mother in the audience.
- So much for my All Scots week/day/appearances theory/guess/hope. Oh well.
- Pretaped song segment. Okay. It's just about every guest he had on in the last few months.
- They finally got Bone Patrol on! Was I the only one thinking that one of those drummers was Craig?
- I think they spent what's left of their "budget" on the choir, drummers and Steve Jones.
- Man looks good standing on his desk.
- Figured that when Newhart was "unmasked" as Secretariat that some reference to his work would be made: it had the same "twist" ending as one of Newhart's shows - that his entire Late Late Show tenure was a 10 year dream, with him and Drew Carey as their Drew Carey Show roles, Mr Wick and Drew Carey.
It's been a fun ride. I miss it already, but I also can't wait to see the guest hosting (before James Corden comes on March)...
Friday, December 12, 2014
- It's in London this year? Yay for the English models, I guess.
- You know you're getting old when you don't know who Hozier is. Am I supposed to know who that is?
- At least the LED runway is something different.
- What happened to the pounds and pounds of glitter from years past? I wonder if they recycle the stuff....
- That's some really cute clothes and wings.
- Some of those wings... woah.
- Taylor Swift is the only one interacting with the models as she sang... which might have more to do with how she's friends with practically all of them.
- Wow, they totally went all out giving Adriana and Alessandra their own Fantasy Bra.
- Speaking of Adriana and Alessandra... they're practically the old ladies of the Fashion Show now :P Okay, really senior Angels.
- Yep, they totally cut out Ariana Grande getting hit in the face by someone's wings. Gawdamnit.
- Seriously, what happens to the wings after the show?