Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Thoughts While Watching The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson Finale Week

I don't care what anyone says - I enjoyed the middle years of his tenure (the puppets, the crappy studio, etc) and if you've been watching it long enough, you can tell that he's really been phoning it in the last few years. I can't be the only one who found the later years a little meh.
  • It was bittersweet when they finally brought on Josh Robert Thompson in the cold open of the penultimate show for his moment of recognition outside of Geoff Petersen and all those other voices, and how much they kept flashing back to his mother in the audience. 
  • So much for my All Scots week/day/appearances theory/guess/hope. Oh well.
  • Pretaped song segment. Okay. It's just about every guest he had on in the last few months.
  • They finally got Bone Patrol on! Was I the only one thinking that one of those drummers was Craig? 
  • I think they spent what's left of their "budget" on the choir, drummers and Steve Jones. 
  • Man looks good standing on his desk. 
  • Figured that when Newhart was "unmasked" as Secretariat that some reference to his work would be made: it had the same "twist" ending as one of Newhart's shows - that his entire Late Late Show tenure was a 10 year dream, with him and Drew Carey as their Drew Carey Show roles, Mr Wick and Drew Carey.
It's been a fun ride. I miss it already, but I also can't wait to see the guest hosting (before James Corden comes on March)...

No comments:

Post a Comment