Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Covert Affairs

Covert Affairs
Checked out the new USA show Covert Affairs after watching Christopher Gorham on The Late Late Show plugging it last week.

It's lazy for everyone to compare it to Alias, so I won't because I never bothered with Alias, let alone watch it.

But based on the uber long pilot, Piper Perabo (someone I feel meh about in general) plays newbie CIA agent Annie Walker
(who barely finished her training) thrown into the field because, unbeknownst to her, her bosses are using her to lure out an ex-boyfriend. Gee, seems simple enough.

Gorham as the blind tech ops guy Auggie Anderson is a little wasted here, but that's because I'm not the only one that thinks he's hot (even if he is married with three kids in real life, sigh). But hey, loving the floppy hair and the cool laser cane his character uses to get around :P

Besides him, there are plenty of familiar TV faces like Peter Gallagher (billed as "Special Guest Star" here) and Sendhil Ramamurthy (formerly of Heroes), so it's not too bad. Anne Dudek (or the Cut-Throat Bitch on House) as the sister - not bad a casting since they could actually pass off as sisters - who's guest house Annie lives in. 


I'm just glad that it's not another FBI show, but it doesn't mean that I'm hating on White Collar, which precedes it on the same network.

Much as I like what I'm watching so far, I just hope that it doesn't get cancelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment