Saturday, August 14, 2010

Finale shockers

I saw the finales of a couple of the "reality" competition shows this week - Work of Art: The Next Great Artist and Last Comic Standing. Not before I read recaps and spoilers about them both, because I don't really care whether I know or not in advance. 

Work of Art

I never thought Abdi would win, not in a million years. I was thinking maybe it might be Miles because he really knows how to play the game, but really?! Maybe Miles dropped the ball in the final show and Abdi's was more "artsy" than the former. But I can't be the only one who thought Miles had it in the bag.

Did anyone miss executive producer Sarah Jessica Parker, with her hands to her face in awe at all three gallery shows? It's that the best footage they could use of her?

Okay, next show - Last Comic Standing

Just when you thought this kind of finales run too long for a final decision which only takes MINUTES to broadcast... oy. 

It was like they got everyone and their grandma to do their bite sets on stage - reigning LCS winner Iliza Schlesinger (whom I've nothing against), the three judges, Marriage Ref host Tom Pappa, Kathy Griffin... they even got host Craig Robinson's band to perform a couple of times. I didn't understand why the judges also did their bits - I mean, you don't see Randy Jackson and Paula perform in the Idol finale... oh wait, they did :P

What I also didn't expect was to hear that Felipe Esparza to win. Well okay, I didn't expect him to last this far, let alone WIN. I was also a little disappointed when Myq Kaplan came in fifth, which has gotta suck, but he did do a 10 second cameo appearance on Louie.

No comments:

Post a Comment