Thursday, September 23, 2010

What I like about the new Hawaii Five-O pilot

Saw the pilot of the Hawaii Five-O reboot, and it was entertaining enough, I guess.

Here's what I liked about it - spoiler alert be damned.
  • Having the older McGarrett (even if it was in the cold open and was killed during) was pretty dramatic for a show pilot. But not a first.
  • A cop show with no red tape? A MACHIAVELLIAN task force? I'm in!
  • Danno's ringtone for his ex-wife? Obvious, but still got a chuckle out of me.
  • Alex O' Loughlin's Mandarin? Almost pitch perfect.
  • Only mention of Malaysia had us smuggling kids. What the..?!
  • Steve swearing in to take the job offer over the phone to supercede Danno was hilarious.
  • Always nice to see James Marsters (Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) on TV again as a baddie. Doubt that he'll be a one-off character, he might be back.
  • Grace Park's character's name is a mouthful... but it won't be too bad in the end.
  • Am I the only one that's glad that the team hasn't decided on a name at the end?
Overall, I think it was a good pilot. The episode was pretty cinematic by small screen standards, I might keep watching... if it stays on long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment