Thursday, September 9, 2010

Louie: Not the average half-hour comedy show

The first season of Louie finally finished.

I like Louis CK and his comedy, but I've never seen his other forays into TV like Lucky Louie or whatever else he was in up to this point. But I enjoyed whatever standup specials that I managed to watch or hear.

As someone who's stopped watching half-hour sitcoms, I gave it a go. While it has its misses, I like it because it's not the conventional American sitcom. It has "short films" (as The AV Club would put it) sandwiched between his standup bits in a comedy club. Some are stupid, some are awkward, but the good ones are good.

Not crazy about the theme song (which is more depressing than anything one has ever seen on the show), but it's now stuck in my head, argh!

I watch it because I like Louis CK and I want the show to work out. And if you've got FX, you should, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment