Monday, September 13, 2010

2010 VMAs

Finally catching up on the VMAs. I have nothing against Chelsea Handler's hosting this year, poking fun at all the celebs; poor Russell Brand got thrown under the bus (haha) for poking fun at the Jo Bros. If it wasn't held in LA, you might not see half the people that were in the audience if it was back on the other coast.

I have no idea how MTV gets away with doing the VMAs the last few years when there are more "reality" shows than music videos on the channel. But, anyway...

Even though I've lost faith in what little credibility the show had to begin with, you just watch it to see what is going to happen for the watercooler talk :P

I also feel like I'm too old for MTV; half the people I don't know or recognise despite hearing their stuff on the radio. I also feel too old to care who is performing and am skipping through/muting them.
  • I would hate to be seated behind Lady Gaga, even though her head gear's not that obstructive compared to whatever else she's worn. I also have nothing against her wins.
  • What is it with medley performances? Audience short attention span? Or because the show is only two hours long?
  • GIVE ME YOUR WIG!! - Chelsea to Bieber in the taped skit
Speaking of MTV, I can't wait to watch the European Music Awards next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment