Wednesday, September 8, 2010

New host and contestants for Biggest Loser Asia

I'm curious to see what happens on the second season of The Biggest Loser Asia since I just remembered to find out whether they've unveiled the second batch of contestants or not, which they have on the Diva Universal Facebook Page instead of the Biggest Loser Asia page, like they should've in this photo album.

Oh, have I mentioned that the Hallmark Channel is being rebranded as Diva Universal later in the month? But that's for another blog post.

One thing I didn't expect was Marion Caunter replacing Sarimah Ibrahim as host. I wonder why - does Sarimah really have a lot on her plate, or was she only signed on for the one season, or unceremoniously dumped? Who's to say?

Also - WHY Marion? I don't know about anyone else, but if I was a contestant, I don't think I could take her seriously as host, seeing as other hosts are known to have their weight issues... Was she picked because she's also an E! News Asia host? Her body of work? Hmm. No freaking idea.

Contestants-wise, there are three Malaysians, FIVE Singaporeans (either very the kiasu, or there are more obese people there than one would think), two Filippinos, three Thai people, one from Hong Kong and two from Indonesia. There are two (obviously) expats currently residing in Hong Kong and Indonesia, which was why the last bit sounded the way it did.

Now, we wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment