Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Criminal Minds spinoff - WTF

When I first heard the news that there was going to be a spinoff for Criminal Minds way back when (a couple of months tops), I was like, are they kidding me? It's not enough that they're the murder network, but they want to be the network of spinoffs as well? Seriously?!

On the Tiffany Network, there is CSI with both CSI: Miami and CSI: NY spinoffs; NCIS (already a spinoff itself from JAG) now has NCIS: LA. A Criminal Minds spinoff is as about as necessary as Steve Wozniak needs more money. I think the only reason why they're going through with it is because they have Forest Whitaker in the lead role, and they can't toss him with the original cast without overwhelming them*. Maybe they want another black guy in a leading role on TV... anyway, wouldn't mind watching the back door pilot for this.

I like Criminal Minds as it is, and I'm kinda tired of the ensemble cast procedural drama. I know I don't have to watch it, but the curiousity will just kill me if I don't.

I hope they came up with a better name for this spinoff than they did for NCIS: LA.

I'll be darned if a Mentalist spinoff is happening as it's one of those shows which you can't squeeze a spinoff out of, but you'll never know.

* Besides, who needs one more wonky eyed older man on the BAU?
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment