Sunday, April 11, 2010

My E! guilty pleasure - Giuliana & Bill

While I have to admit that E!'s reality programming is not as bad as MTV's, but that might have more to do with viewer demographics than the quality of said programming. I never understood Laguna Beach, The Hills and the rest of that, but I admit that I enjoy watching Paris Hilton pick a BFF on My New BFF. I know I'm digressing.

Out of the E! reality programming I watch with any regularity (as in: if it's on and I've not seen it before, I'll watch it), it would have to be Keeping Up with the Kardashians and Giuliana & Bill (which technically is on another network, but since Guiliana is an E! employee...). I can't explain why I keep watching these shows, but I guess it fulfills the voyeur in me.

Out of the two, I prefer Giuliana & Bill, even though it's not hard to guess why they would agree to have their marriage out there on TV... which has brought nothing but disastrous results for the wedded lives of minorly famous people, like Nick and Jessica. But I think they might last a teensy bit longer than them, so go them!

I like the show for the most part is that they're not long-time celebrities and comes across as pretty "real" - I mean Bill is only famous because he was Donald Trump's first Apprentice and Giuliana works for E! and with Ryan Seacrest. They're not singers or entertainers in the conventional sense, and I knew things that I otherwise wouldn't know about post hoo-ha wedding.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment