Friday, December 26, 2014

Colbert Report Final Week

I've been putting off watching the Colbert Report final week mostly because I am a little sad to see it go, but also because I had things to do, and other shows to watch. 
  • The yard sale segment was funny, especially when it keeps cutting to Stephen "stealing" the guy's personal information because he didn't bring cash to a yard sale. It was too bad that I couldn't get in on the yard sale action, I probably would've gone nuts. But I don't know about signing that release waiver so that they could "use my likeness"...  
  • I'm a little envious of whoever got his huge "C" desk..
  • James Corden is doing the rounds on the other shows before his Late Late Show debut in March. Him getting scared shitless about the exhaustion and the singing afterwards was entertaining. 
  • I don't know why they waited until his last weeks of The Report to finally have Jon Stewart on.. besides the fact that he was promoting his movie, Rosewater. Even the president has probably been on more times than him. 
  • The sight of Vince Gilligan, chained up in a basement-type room to his computer in the musical finale was funny. 
  • The actual ending (him with Santa, Lincoln and Alex Trebek) was adorable.
  • Many props to the person who took the time to write down who's who in the grand song finale in this Vulture piece
  • I have no idea what's behind the "Apologies to Doris Kearns Goodwin" bit you see in the end credits. Does anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment