Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Bye bye, Covert Affairs

I can't say that I am sad nor upset that the cancellation of USA's Covert Affairs blew up what niche (it was a cable show, after all) fanbase it had. I thought it was just a matter of time since White Collar (the lead-in)'s shortened final season was announced. Getting the news some weeks after the season finale, however..

Don't get me wrong: While there were a couple of storylines that I didn't really care for; but for all intents and purposes I can say that I watched it to the bitter end. I guess the ratings plunge as a reaction to the some of the shark jumping elements gave USA Network enough cause to pull the plug. That, and I guess the rising cost of making the show, since apparently they really do travel the globe making it, and not just shoot it all in Canada or something. 

I thought the recent season, er, series finale kind of tied most of the (implied) loose ends up. I don't think I want to see what really happens to everyone in a hypothetical sixth season :P

If nothing else, I will miss Christopher Gorham's portrayal of Auggie (and his pretty frequent state of shirtlessness) and Annie's favourite Mossad guy, Eyal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment