Wednesday, December 27, 2017

The end of Major Crimes

Major Crimes didn't get renewed and last week's major shocker was killing off Sharon Raydor 4 episodes before the end of the series (some people guessed that the character wouldn't last till the end but I wasn't one of them, the TV watching cynic that I am). It's not often that the protagonist gets killed off before the end of the series. I wasn't sad, but it was an interesting turn of events. Now I want to see the aftermath. Considering that the character was hated on The Closer all those years ago and people getting upset about this says a lot about people's feelings about the character. 

You also kinda have to feel bad for the new cast members who just joined in the past season and a half, only to be at the death knell of the show. 

At least Provenza now has control of the division, but for how long? And will he finally retire? 

At this point, I also just want to see the Stroh storyline resolved; it's been going on too long. But I don't think it's a coincidence that he's finally surfaced just as Sharon kicked the bucket. Now the only thing between him and Rusty is the LAPD or at least the division? I hope Chekhov's gun is at play and that Rusty would have to shoot a gun in self defence at some point during these last 4 episodes.

Also, I don't know why people are still complaining about the show; it's done and dusted, there's not much else they can do about it either. Just watch the last 4 episodes and go on that final journey with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment