Friday, June 15, 2012

Jeanne Tripplehorn joins the BAU (Criminal Minds)

I was beginning to wonder who they were bringing in to replace Paget Brewster on the eighth season of Criminal Minds, if she was getting replaced at all. After all, Paget came in to "replace" Lola Glaudini way back when.

Then news broke that Jeanne Tripplehorn is confirmed for next season as a profiler. In the grand CM tradition that the departing cast member is replaced with someone with similar-ish features. 

I don't know why people don't like to use the word "replace" in this context. They are replacing someone with someone else. I wish the network and the fandom would just get over it.

Personally, I can't complain. But I can't wait to see what they do with her character this coming season. I haven't seen Jeanne Tripplehorn on a screen of any size since erm, Waterworld? Yeah, that long ago. Never saw Big Love myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment