Sunday, November 21, 2010

2010 EMAs? Meh.

I know it was a little while ago, but I did watch the recent MTV EMAs (European Music Awards) that happened in Madrid, Spain.

First of all, why the hell is Eva Longoria host? She might not be as old as some of her Desperate Housewives castmates (also the only one that's childless in real life), but I wouldn't necessarily associate her with MTV. But I give the woman SOME props for going through with it.

Second - with all the American artistes and bands being nominated and winning some of the big awards, now the EMAs aren't any different from the American Music Awards or the MTV Music Awards. WTF - I watch the EMAs to see and hear European artistes perform, but I guess I should've kept my expectations low since none of my favourites actually PERFORMED.

Funniest brief gag was Ms Longoria wearing a ham costume as a "tribute" to Lady Gaga's meat dress and I mean brief - got a quick chuckle out of me, and that was it.

No comments:

Post a Comment