Wednesday, June 8, 2011

2011 MTV Movie Awards

I watch the MTV Movie Awards out of habit and because it's the award show to watch for people with short attention spans, and also for awards like Best Kiss and Best Line in a Movie.

The opening Hangover parody went a little over my head as I'm not stupid enough to ever want to watch The Hangover on purpose. But the point of these things are to remind us what the year's nominated movies are. Sudeikis and Lautner watching the girl-on-girl action scene from Black Swan? Heh.

I have no idea why they got Jason Sudeikis to host the MTV Movie Awards - I personally never thought of him as MTV hip, but what do I know? I think the guy was still in SNL mode as he spent half his monologue on making fun of Schwarzenegger to a crowd of mostly under 40. But the crack he made about Ashton Kutcher replacing older celebs personally and professionally? HILARIOUS... but that's because I also can't stand Ashton Kutcher.

I won't go in too much about the highlights because that's not hard to find on the interwebs.

While I'm sad that neither Inception or Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 didn't win more popcorn trophies, but I also have to remind myself that I'm not exactly their target audience, and it's still a popularity contest in the end.

I don't know about anyone else, but I think the Twilight movies should just take themselves out of the running next year. If Oprah can do it, so should they. Or perhaps I should just stop watching the MTV Movie Awards until 2014 because I'm just going to get myself all tweaked and annoyed for the next couple of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment