Sunday, September 21, 2014

In the Final Season of The Mentalist

As confirmed by cast member Tim Kang, the upcoming season of The Mentalist will be its last..
Quite frankly, I felt that the show was on thin ice once the Red John angle was done and dusted. I suppose it was nice for fans to see how life is treating Jane and the former CBI gang post Red John. Dismantling the CBI at the end of the fifth season in a way kind of addressed some people's complaints that CBI is a non-existent agency, so okay. An entire season of Jane causing havoc at the FBI office in Texas was pretty entertaining. 

I know people are into the Jisbon 'ship, but I really wasn't expecting it to HAPPEN at the end of the 6th season (I was with Cho on that one: "I don't see it"). I suppose this last season would be the one to explore that. Oh, so many questions...!!

I wonder if Rigsby and Van Pelt would make an appearance in this final season. I don't care one way or the other. 

I hope Cho doesn't die this season. 

I've been okay with this show being over for a couple of seasons now. I hope they go out with a bang (figuratively, not literally). 

If nothing else, this show will be in syndication ad infinitum since their 100th episode milestone has come and gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment