Sunday, August 12, 2012

Asia's Next Top Model

Until I read on the social media that Tyra Banks is (was?) in Singapore to promote Asia's Next Top Model, I honestly didn't know that it was an idea, let alone it actually happening.

I don't follow the other Top Model shows (because there are too many on my local pay TV subscription as it is), but this I would give a go only because the mothership has already jumped the shark in terms of how ridiculous it's gotten in recent cycles.

I guess calling it South East Asia's Next Top Model is too long and awkward to say really quickly. I don't know which countries are eligible to apply, but I would have to guess whichever South East Asian countries that don't already have their own Top Model show...

From the website...
Hosted by Nadya Hutagalung, the show charts the transformation of aspiring models into successful top models. With fashion director Daniel Boey, fashion photographer Todd Anthony Tyler and model mentor Joey Mead King guiding and mentoring the top model hopefuls, these young women will see themselves competing in a highly-accelerated modelling boot camp to top model fame.
One of the things I'm glad to see was that "You must also understand and speak good English" requirement. Which rules out Ris Low, I guess....LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment