Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D List

Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-ListImage via Wikipedia

I finally caught up on that Bravo reality show, Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List on YouTube when someone else reuploaded the last few seasons on there. I forgot how mostly funny it was as she tries to get out the self-declared "D-list" by whoring herself to various media outlets to get more recognition to climb that ladder.

I was up to early Season 3 when the previous channel got suspended, which is why once you find the channel, you have to pretty much be watching as fast as you can before it gets taken down. Season 3 was mostly about Kathy bouncing back from her divorce and getting back on the dating scene. i.e. dating other famous people just to get in the magazines. Season 4 was about her attempts at getting a Grammy for Best Comedy Album (which she lost to Carlin's final recording, It's Bad For Ya) and also featured Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak with whom she dated for awhile.

Thankfully, whoever runs the particular YouTube channel is also uploading episodes of the current season, with the guy du jour so far being former
MADtv cast member Michael MacDonald as an unofficial part of Team Griffin (her assistant Tiffany, tour manager Tom and her mum, Maggie).

She also has a web presence on Facebook and Twitter, though from watching the show I doubt that she's the one doing the updating.

I'm glad that the show is renewed for another season.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment