Thursday, February 17, 2011

NBC's Prime Suspect

I hate it sometimes when Americans can't seem to leave the British shows bloody well alone and make the American version of everything, like Strictly Come Dancing (Dancing with the Stars), Top Gear, Who Wants to Be A Millionaire, The Office, etc etc. Word on the street is that NBC has finally found their lead for the American reboot/remake of Prime Suspect, and it's Maria Bello.

Admittedly, I've never seen the original English Prime Suspect (with Dame Helen Mirren), but I think it must be pretty bad ass simply because it's Dame Helen Mirren. Yes, I'm biased like that. I'll get back to everyone on this when I'm all caught up.

There's gonna be the usual questions, like the format of the show - is it going to be the typical "case solved in 42 minutes", or would it be closer to the format of the original, with cases shown in multiple parts?

There aren't too many crime procedural shows with a female lead, except maybe The Closer, which they've admitted was inspired a little by Prime Suspect.

Anyone else watching NBC's Prime Suspect this fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment