Saturday, October 30, 2010

5 Accents that Fooled Me

There are a lot of non-Americans making it on the American TV as Americans or even vice-versa. Not all of them get to keep their actual accents for their roles (eg. Jesse Spencer and Tim Roth). And no, I'm not gonna mention Hugh Laurie because it goes without saying.

1. Alex O' Loughlin (Hawaii Five-O) - I'm probably the last person on the planet that recently found out he's Australian. To be fair, I've never seen any of his previous work prior to H5O. Though it's a little odd that his American accent sounds like he's from both Boston AND New York, go figure.

It's either this or a shirtless pic of him out of the ocean ala Daniel Craig
2. Julian McMahon - Okay, I KNOW he's Australian and he still has his accent (some) on talk shows and interviews, but after years of watching him on Charmed, nip/tuck as well as the Fantastic Four movies as an asshole, I sometimes forget that he's not American.


3. James Marsters - Slap me stupid for not knowing that he's American and that his British accent on Buffy and Angel all those years ago was put on. I've been fooled all these years. Or I didn't think too much about it. Well, I was fooled all the same.


4. Owain Yeoman (The Mentalist) - Well okay, I sorta remember that he's Welsh and that his American accent's a little put on at times, but I can't knock every non-American on the show.


5. Alan Dale - The big and small screen token villain is from freaking NEW ZEALAND, which never comes to my mind whenever I watch him on TV. Well done, sir.


Any more suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment