Saturday, December 11, 2010

Things I will miss about The Closer

Brenda Leigh JohnsonImage via WikipediaFirst Lie to Me doesn't get a full season, now there was an announcement that The Closer will come to an end in 2011 with its seventh season. I know I'm not the only one who reacted this way when the news first broke - but just to let you know, it's NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.............!!!

I suppose the show has come a really long way - The Closer started off with Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson who was single, new to the job and LA, hated by the subordinates to being married and respected by everyone she works with.

Ain't it odd that this came out not long after Kyra Sedgwick won that Emmy? Coincidence? It's not like they work all year round on the show, they only work six bloody months out of the year because Kyra's a New Yorker. Maybe she got tired of the show, because wanting to end the show "on a good note" is the oldest excuse in the book, but waiting for the show to go south (no pun intended) and cancelled is just that much worse.

If it has to end, I hope it goes out well; I hope she settles that beef with that rapist lawyer at least. Now I wonder if she and Fritz will have a kid.... waitaminute, by the time the show end, it would've been over 100 episodes already - won't The Closer qualify for syndication? It'll be on FOREVER...

Things I will miss about The Closer
  • Brenda's wardrobe - the candy cotton pink trenchcoat, anyone?
  • The antics of "Flovenza" - Lieutenants Provenza and Flynn - those guys crack me up
  • Her home life with Fritz and Joel the cat
  • The cat(s), dearly departed Kitty and Joel
  • Watch Fritz not wear the pants first in their relationship, then marriage... Oh Fritzy, REALLY?!

No comments:

Post a Comment