Sunday, May 1, 2011

Random thoughts while watching the royal wedding on TV

I was one of millions of suckers around the planet who saw Friday's royal wedding on TV... well, on the cable news channels anyway. I'm just glad that I don't have to wake up early to watch (like in the US), or stay up too late to watch it - it was on sometime in the evening in my time zone, which wasn't too bad really.

I had my pick of channels to watch the pre-wedding banter/coverage from but I stuck with CNN's coverage, where Anderson Cooper was the odd American on the panel besides Piers Morgan (CNN's token Brit) and Cat Deeley (why? so that Piers wouldn't be the only Brit there?) and also the occasional special guest. CNN also had Vera Wang on standby in New York as someone known for her wedding gowns. I mostly stuck with CNN because of Piers Morgan's snark: he was making fun of Anderson Cooper's choice of suit, etc - it was like having Simon Cowell cover the wedding. It was funny.
  • Philip Treacy must be making a killing on the hats that a lot of the women were wearing to Westminster Abbey, including Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice.
  • Some of the women's hats are really ridiculous.
  • David Beckham and his hair slicked back like that reminded me of Ricky Gervais. Shit you not - same smile, even. Are there pictures of Beckham wearing his top hat before he got there? It'd be a shame if he brought the top hat for nuts.
  • Give the British PM's wife props for not being in a stupid hat.
  • You can't help but feel bad for the people whose view was blocked by the damn trees in the Abbey.
  • I did like the bride's dress - remind me to get lace sleeves like that for hiding the sausage arms :P
  • Saw E!'s coverage (with Giuliana Rancic as the lone American on THAT panel) - pretty meh, even though they got Facebook in on the game with them.
  •  So's everyone else's royal wedding coverage, really - like TLC and the lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment