Sunday, November 29, 2009

Top Chef Masters

Top Chef MastersImage via Wikipedia

Ploughing my way through someone's Top Chef Masters playlist on YouTube. I had heard of it, but I didn't really have the time to watch it until now.

Different host for this one (Kelly Choi) and the format is slightly tweaked: Four chefs compete for a spot in the Champions Round. There's the usual Quickfire and Elimination Challenges; the former usually a rehash from the Top Chef ones, like the vending machine challenge. The Elimination ones are about the same. Scoring goes by most number of stars, wins.


Out of the Critics panel, I only recognise Jay Rayner (who's only book I read was The Apologist), the token English judge on an American reality competition show.

Some of the cheftestants (like Bayless and Dufresne) were also
Top Chef guest judges at some point in its run. I also remember some of the others from Iron Chef America. It's fun to watch them be judged and not judge. Not to mention the level of difficulty in the Elimination Challenges, like cooking a three course meal out of a college dorm room, which is cool if you're not the one doing it.
  1. I have no idea who Kelly Choi was. If you take her out of the frame and leave the voice in, I would've thought it was Padma.
  2. I love watching the salty chef language slip through and make it on basic cable.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment