Friday, July 23, 2010

Watching - The Kilborn File

So I've been watching clips (or full episodes, really) of The Kilborn File on YouTube the last day or two - not every single episode, just the guests that I want to see and whatever's available.

I've never seen the guy when he hosted both The Daily Show and The Late Late Show back in the day because I was too young and there wasn't the technology to watch it from the other side of the planet, so I'm not one to judge.

I also can't say I'm a fan of the guy, but he strikes me (a little) of Dane Cook's character in Good Luck Chuck - where his replacements make a better job of the shows he's left than he did when he was there. Relatively, anyway.

What I like about The Kilborn File so far is that the humour is not as political as the current incarnation of The Daily Show, but I don't get most of the segments, like 5 Questions and the Power Panel. Maybe it's just me.

Much as I am a fan of talk shows, but The Kilborn File? Erm, not really.

He's only getting a six week trial run and in several markets, so I'm not sure whether he'll be picked up for fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment